Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

2/20/2015

Frank Clark looks for new beginning at NFL Combine


INDIANAPOLIS — Defensive lineman Frank Clark, who was kicked off the University of Michigan football team in November after a domestic violence arrest, said he accepts responsibility for his actions.

“I’m going to continue to grow from it, continue to learn from it and In the future hopefully one of these teams will give me a shot,’’ Clark said on Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine.

“It’s not like I fell out of love with the game, it’s like it made me love the game more just going through the things I went through, it made me appreciate the game more,’’ Clark said.

He’s been in counseling since November.


“Counseling has taught me how to be a man and how to accept responsibility for all my actions,’’ Clark said. “When you go through things in life whether good or bad you always got to learn from it. Counseling taught me how to grow up and how to learn from everything I go through. Whether I say it’s my fault or now, how to accept responsibility.’’

He said he’s talked to former Michigan coach Brady Hoke a number of times and they still have a great relationship. He said he has no hard feelings about Michigan or anyone.

“Basically I put myself in a position where I shouldn’t have been in anyway,’’ Clark said. 

He has to convince NFL teams, who are extremely concerned about character issues and in particular domestic violence, that he is worth taking a chance on.

“I mean it’s easy, but at the same time it’s hard because you can say I didn’t do anything, I can plead not guilty all I want,’’ Clark said. “At the end of the day when you look at domestic violence you don’t look at a 270-pound man and go, ‘Whoa did she hit him or did he hit her?’ Domestic violence you automatically assume the man had something to do with it.’’

The pre-trial hearing was Friday, but his attorney was handling the situation while Clark was at the Combine.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home