Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

10/21/2014

Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson has started to run


Calvin Johnson is running again, but still no guarantees that he’ll be ready to play on Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons in London.

The Detroit Lions wide receiver was interviewed Tuesday morning on the NFL Network by Steve Wyche and Jordan Babineaux.

“I’ll tell you this much, I’m getting better and better on a daily basis,’’ Johnson said in the interview. “So we’re just going to keep on. I’m going on that track; I’m working with the training staff a ton. We’re getting a lot of good work in and going in the right direction.”

Johnson has missed the last two games (the Lions won both) and was not 100 percent in the two games prior due to a sprained right ankle. But now he said he’s back running.

“That’s a great thing for me right now. I wasn’t doing that last week,’’ he said on the NFL Network.


While sidelined, Johnson has had more of a chance to watch the Lions No. 1 ranked defense.

 “It’s extremely exciting right now. It’s great for me to be sitting on the sideline being able to watch those guys go out there. I kind of want to go out there and play defensive end; I told Ziggy (Ansah) let me get a snap, let me try to get a sack (laughing). I want to rush off the edge and get one of those sack fumbles.”

The Lions flew to London on Monday night. They will practice southwest of the city Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

They play the Falcons (2-5) on Sunday at Wembley Stadium.

The game kicks off at 9:30 a.m. and will air to a national TV audience on FOX.

(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter. Order her book,  “100 Things Lions Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die’’ here. It’s also available at bookstores.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home