Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

7/31/2014

Detroit Lions — Rob Sims in best shape of his life


Rob Sims was one of the last Lions players to walk off the field at Wayne State on Wednesday night. The players signed autographs after their third training camp session which was held under the lights before nearly 9,000 fans.

Three camp sessions down for Sims who missed organized team activities in the spring while coming back from a knee injury.

“I’ve been fighting through some stuff didn’t want to talk about it last year,’’ Sims said on Tuesday. “Stress going on with my knees, I needed to take care of that. Offensive line, you just battle through it.’’

The left guard has not missed a game in four seasons in Detroit.

“That was my first offseason of actually not being on the field and not playing. That’s a time when I do a lot of experimenting with my game and my technique,’’ Sims said. “I didn’t have it so I was worried about how it was going to go, but I’ve been strong up to this point so I’ve got to continue to do it.''

Sims at age 30 is one of the veterans on the offense line along with 35-year-old center Dominic Raiola.

 “I feel like I’m in the best shape of my life. I’m strong and excited to show everybody what I can do again. With an offensive lineman that’s all you can ask for, I’m pumped about it.’’

(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter. Order her book,  “100 Things Lions Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die’’ here. It’s also available at bookstores.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home