Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

12/13/2013

Lions' Calvin Johnson on Matt Elam: 'He's a rookie, he'll learn'


Calvin Johnson responded today to the Detroit media about the comments made by Ravens’ safety Matt Elam that he’s “pretty old.”

“Sometimes you keep your mouth shut,’’ Johnson said. “He’s a rookie he’ll learn.’’

When will he learn?

“Hopefully this Monday.”

Did Johnson know who Elam was?

“Nah, I didn’t.’’

Johnson has had success against previous defensive backs who have slighted him. Coincidence?

“It’s motivation, but moreso coming from somebody I’m actually playing. I’m playing him but I see him, like I say, if I run past him down the field it’s not like he lines up on me every play,’’ Johnson said.

Kickoff at 8:40 p.m. Monday.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home