Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

12/27/2012

Lions Stefan Logan stripped of return duties


ALLEN PARK — Stefan Logan will not have a chance to redeem himself after taking a knee at the four-yard line on a free kick after a safety late in Saturday night’s loss to the Atlanta Falcons.

 Logan said on Thursday he will not be returning kicks or punts on Sunday against the Chicago Bears.

“I’m mad, but at the same time there’s nothing I can do about that,’’ Logan said. “It’s the coach’s decision. I blame myself. I’m not blaming the coaches, I blame myself. I’m my worst critic. It was a messed up play by me I have to live with it and move on from it, I’m past it right now we’re playing against Chicago, it’s a big game.’’

 When Logan took the knee he thought he was in the end zone. He got lost on the field and coach Jim Schwartz said it’s a return man’s job to know exactly where he is on the field.

 Expect to see wide receiver Mike Thomas with the return assignment.

 Logan, who becomes a free agent after the season, won’t get another chance at least this week.

 “At the same time being on special teams with the new rules, you don’t get that many opportunities so when you get your opportunities you have to make the best of them,’’ Logan said. “I did make some plays on offense, I got a couple catches. I’m just adding to my resume and keep moving forward with Detroit or with another team. 

“I can’t do nothing about that, I have to keep working. Hopefully I’m here, I’ve been here three years now, I want to continue to be with my team, continue to be with my boys and the coaching staff. We’ll see what happens after this game or in my future,’’ Logan added.

 Offensively Logan has six catches for 28 yards and three rushes for 17 yards this season.

 With the wide receiving group hit hard by injuries, Logan has had more of a chance to play on offense. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am really impressed ! Congratulations from Bangladesh! Get the most updated weather conditions and forecasts for Haliburton, Canada. Summer home and winter retreat or year round home. This is a definite charmer. Completely renovated and very tastefully decorated this home is loaded with character – and you’ll want to see the long list of upgrades! Whether sharing a meal with family and friends in the large dining room and well appointed kitchen, copying up to the lovely wood stove with its beautiful tile work, or lounging and enjoying the view from the spacious deck, this is where relaxation begins. All this and you have the convenience of in-town living plus you can boat on Haliburton real estate’s premier 5 lake chain. Thanks for sharing....Minden cottage

5:36 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home