Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

6/14/2012

Lions Mikel Leshoure says he's learned his lesson, ready to move forward

ALLEN PARK — Mikel Leshoure handled the situation perfectly today (Thursday) when he talked to the waiting media as he stepped off the field after minicamp.

The day after he found out he would be suspended for two games, the Lions running back didn’t shy away from questions.

“You have to face what you do wrong. I know one thing for sure, one thing for certain I’ve learned from my mistakes, still putting it behind me. You’ve got to accept it and move forward, come back that third game and put it in the past,’’ Leshoure said.

He missed all his rookie season after tearing his Achilles’ tendon early in training camp. Thursday was the first day he participated in team drills during camp.

“The Achilles feel real good. Today was my first pretty much full action as far as getting some runs and actually having to react from the defense,’’ Leshoure said. “It felt real good, I feel good now, I felt like I made some cuts, I wasn’t thinking about anything out there, just going out there playing and reacting.’’

Leshoure was arrested twice in February and March for marijuana possession in western Michigan. A suspension was expected, the question was the length. He got two games plus he’ll lose an additional two game checks.

“My reaction was it’s out of my hands. I can’t do anything about it, don’t sit here and linger over it just put it in the past, keep getting better this offseason and come back ready to play,’’ Leshoure said.

He said he hasn’t decided whether to appeal the length of the suspension.

(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter. Email her at Paula.Pasche@oakpress.com.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home