Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

12/20/2011

Predicting 10-6 finish for Lions ... How about you?

What will be the Lions’ record on Jan. 2?

Before the season started, I predicted a 9-7 finish. I think I underestimated the Lions even though I assumed they would have Jahvid Best and Mikel Leshoure to boost the running game.

Took a lot of criticism for being a Pollyanna by a lot of anonymous folks who seemed to enjoy blasting me for my pick.

Now if the Lions lose the last two I’ll be right on the money.

I don’t think that will happen. I see a win on Saturday over the Chargers to get them into the playoffs.

Not sure what will happen in Green Bay, but it’d be tough to win there.

What are you thinking? 10-6? 9-7? 11-5?

Let me know.

You can make it anonymous if you’d like, but remember my name is on everything I write.

(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter. Get Lions news delivered directly to your phone by texting the keyword "Lions" to 22700. Msg & Data Rates May Apply. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to cancel.)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

10-6 but with a SD loss and a victory in GB (since they'll be resting players for at least a portion of the game).

11:16 AM 
Blogger Shawn said...

11-5 and that's ridiculous considering where they've been in the last 3 years. GB will spank the Bears on Christmas & then start the peanut vendor at QB vs, DET. SD has OL issues, the Lions will get after Rivers. What a season - been a blast! Finally a fun year being a Lions fan living in Chicago. #DETROITPRIDE

11:22 AM 
Anonymous David Lahood said...

I see / 10-6......I think it will be must a win @ Green bay and Green bay will sit most of there starters which will enable us to pull off a must win .........San Diego is way too hot right now....Since Phillip Rivers hasn't thrown an INT in 4 or 5 weeks he's going to be slanging the ball like aaron rodgers at ford feild with nothing to lose at ALL......The only way we win the SD game is special teams or a lucky bounce or two , turning into some easy points. Which is possible but I don't see it happening ......Weve used up all our luck the last two weeks with our stressed heart attack wins ( minnesota, oakland...)

12:42 PM 
Anonymous David Lahood said...

I see / 10-6......I think it will be must a win @ Green bay and Green bay will sit most of there starters which will enable us to pull off a must win .........San Diego is way too hot right now....Since Phillip Rivers hasn't thrown an INT in 4 or 5 weeks he's going to be slanging the ball like aaron rodgers at ford feild with nothing to lose at ALL......The only way we win the SD game is special teams or a lucky bounce or two , turning into some easy points. Which is possible but I don't see it happening ......Weve used up all our luck the last two weeks with our stressed heart attack wins ( minnesota, oakland...)

12:43 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

11-5

4:28 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home