Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

11/22/2011

Roger Brown, a 1962 Lions defensive tackle, loves Suh; would want 22 Suhs on his team

Think the Lions and Ndamukong Suh are dirty? It’s all good with Roger Brown who played defensive tackle for the Lions in 1962 when they beat the previously undefeated Green Bay Packers on Thanksgiving.

“I’m going to tell you I’m proud of him and I’m proud that he plays that tackle spot. I could never get anybody to call me dirty when I played even if I threw dirt in someone’s face,’’ Brown said in a conference call.

“A football player, especially on that defensive line, you’re not playing tiddlywinks, this is football. As long as he doesn’t try to break somebody’s arm or pile on after the whistle blows, that’s dirty.

“Suh is doing a heck of a job. I would like to have 22 of them on my team, call them all dirty. I’ll tell you what we’d go right to the Super Bowl,’’ Brown said.

See more on the 1962 Lions and their big win over the Packers in a story online Wednesday and in the print edition of Thursday’s Oakland Press.

(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter. Get Lions news delivered directly to your phone by texting the keyword "Lions" to 22700. Msg & Data Rates May Apply. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to cancel.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home