Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

6/30/2011

Suh approaches his second season with same team-first philosophy

If there’s a big question for Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, it’s this: Will he improve over his rookie season, stay the same or suffer through a sophomore slump?

Last season the second overall pick exceeded most expectations by finishing the season with 10 sacks, 66 tackles, a fumble recovery for a touchdown (against the Redskins), a forced fumble and an interception. We won’t mention the missed point-after attempt.

So how does he approach this season? With the same philosophy as last year.

“I’ll give you guys a little insight, my goals are team goals, everything else falls after that. I reached all my personal goals last year and the reason why I did that, other than wins and losses, is because team goals came first. So if we accomplish team goals I’ll get my individual goals,’’ Suh said this week during a break from his football camp.

So there you have it. When the season starts (I’m confident it will), it will be interesting to see what the players can achieve considering there was no offseason team work. Not just for Suh, but for everyone.

(Follow me on Twitter @PaulaPasche.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home