Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

2/27/2011

NFL Combine: MSU's Greg Jones has talked to Lions

INDIANAPOLIS -- Greg Jones thought about leaving Michigan State a year ago, but has no regrets about his decision to wait.

“It was a family decision. We weren’t initially all on the same page, it took us a while we went back and forth to make a decision. Once we all came together to come back my senior year that’s what we stayed with,’’ Jones said. Jones said he will do all the workouts at the NFL Combine. He is ranked as the eighth best inside linebacker in the draft by the National Football Post.

He said he talked to the Detroit Lions at the Senior Bowl.

The decision to wait until this year to come out could cost him financially because of a potential new NFL rookie wage scale. But it doesn’t matter.

“I don’t regret anything, I hold true dearly to myself that I won a Big Ten championship, not too many people in the world that can ever say that. I’m very happy and proud to be a part of that with my teammates for everybody. I’m more mature than I was then. I feel very strong about my decision,’’ Jones said.

(Follow me on Twitter @PaulaPasche.)

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous bigwalt said...

One sentence is all you could come up with? The name of an article shouldn't be some obscure fact in the middle of the whole thing...where's your editor?

6:32 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home