Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

12/29/2010

Emotional Raiola disciplined for outburst

ALLEN PARK -- Dominic Raiola claims he’s a hot head but a controlled hot head all the same.

“I play with a lot of emotion from whistle to whistle,’’ the Lions center said. “I think a hothead on the field would be somebody who is getting penalties after the play, an undisciplined player, somebody getting in trouble off the field. That’s what I see as a hot head. I wouldn’t say I’m any of those.’’

Raiola, also a Lions captain, responded to Dolphins fans who yelled at him on his way out of the stadium after Sunday’s win. It was, of course, caught on video. (It was profane enough that we can’t repeat the three-word request here. But let’s say he wasn’t telling the fans where to go, but what to do and leave it at that.)

Raiola was fined $15,000 by the team according to unconfirmed reports.

“I got fined, I got disciplined, I need to conduct myself better,’’ Raiola said on Wednesday.

He does not agree with the theory that players are paid to take that kind of abuse from fans.

“I don’t think anybody should have to put up with that, I don’t care if you’re on the field or not. I always stuck by that,’’ Raiola said. “I’ll take that from the home fans if we’re putting out a bad product. I’ve learned that about my own fans, that these people are blue collar that’s why I associate myself with them is because they’re hard working people in the city of Detroit. I’ll take that from them. On the road I’m representing this city. That’s the way I am, I’m a fiery guy.’’

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home