Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

9/15/2010

QB Shaun Hill well prepared to start on Sunday

ALLEN PARK -- Shaun Hill was named the Lions’ starting quarterback for Sunday’s home opener against the Eagles. Matthew Stafford is out after sustaining a shoulder injury in the first half on Sunday.

Hill is excited for the opportunity, but it doesn’t really change his preparation much. Even when he knows he will be the backup, he is meticulous about game-planning.

“My mindset is the same no matter where I am on the depth chart or what’s going on. I always try to keep the same mindset, that’s to go out and improve everyday even if I’m giving a look to the defense. My mindset hasn’t changed whether I’m the two or the three, my mindset is to be prepared for the game the same way I am as a starter,’’ Hill said. “That also helps when you are the starter, you know how to prepare, you know how your week’s going to be, you already have it planned out, you don’t have to do anything different. It’s been nice.’’

Hill, who has a 10-6 record in NFL games that he has started, has the respect of the Lions’ coaching staff and his teammates.

“Shaun is more than capable, Shaun has won, he has a high winning percentage, he’s smart, he’s fun to be around and we don’t have to alter the offense at all. We can do the same thing that we did with Matthew in there,’’ center Dominic Raiola said.

(Follow me on Twitter @PaulaPasche.)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home