Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

8/06/2010

Lions' Hanson: No long-term knee issues

Kicker Jason Hanson underwent his another minor knee surgery this week, similar to the one he had done last year at this time. The main difference is this year it was his left leg which he uses to plant. Last year it was his kicking leg..

The good news is that both times the doctors didn’t find any other problems with they went in arthroscopically.

“I’m telling myself it’s just strange circumstances. The feedback I got is there’s no degeneration. So I should be able to come back and play,’’ Hanson said.

He turned 40 in June and is entering his 19th NFL season, all with the Lions. He’s getting a little good-natured feedback from his teammates telling him if he wanted to skip camp, he should have it written in his contract.

He would rather be on the practice field than in the training room.

“It’s disappointing because I feel like I’m kicking well and am ready to go, now I’ve got to take a deep breath and regroup. But I should be able to come back and kick well and have a good season,’’ Hanson said.

He expects to be on the field when the Lions open the season on Sept. 12 at Chicago.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home