Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

5/18/2010

Lions' vets take it easy on newcomer Suh

ALLEN PARK — Ndamukong Suh isn’t complaining, but he thought walking into the Lions locker room as the No. 2 overall pick that he might get a little more grief from the veterans.

Suh, along with the other Lions’ draft picks, worked out with the veterans for the first time on Monday, then they were on the field for their first combined OTA Tuesday morning.

“All the guys are good, obviously they give me a hard time and joke around about the hazing, but they’re just messing with me,’’ Suh said.

“The thing I guess surprised me is I thought it’d be a little bit more tougher and the guys being, bluntly, being dicks to me, but they’re all good dudes. Corey (Williams) just talks to me like I’ve been playing with him for like five years, 10 years. The guys are all good,’’ he added.

Suh said that being with the vets gives him a better feeling of what the next level is like.

Coach Jim Schwartz was fairly non-committal about the rookies’ first day in OTAs. They’re not in pads, so it’s hard to get a firm grasp on their development. But, at the same time, he didn’t sound at all disappointed either. (Follow me on Twitter @paulapasche.)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous JT said...

It's only the first week. They will size him up and figure out how many people it will take to do something and he will get his. Thanks again Paula, enjoy it as always!

2:25 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home