Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

2/20/2009

Ringer will run at combine

Michigan State running back Javon Ringer is five weeks removed from surgery to repair a small lateral meniscus tear in his left knee, but he said he'll run during Sunday's workouts at the NFL combine.

“This is something that I've always wanted to go to and compete in and I don't want to miss it for just what I had to do with my knee,” Ringer said. “When I had my surgery I just made sure I busted my tail in rehab so I could come back and compete. And I still feel like now I should put up pretty good numbers. I'm actually pretty confident that I can and will be able to do that.”

And what kind of numbers would constitute “good” numbers?

“We'll see,” Ringers said.

Ringer, who ran for 1,637 yards and 22 touchdowns last year, measured 5-foot-9 1/2 and 205 pounds. He's considered one of the top senior running backs available but is projected as a second-day pick.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home