Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

11/27/2008

Lions cooked on Thanksgiving (and it's only the first quarter)

The embarrassment has gone national.

Detroit's semi-professional football team just finished the first quarter of its annual Thanksgiving day game - the only time, thankfully, a national audience is subjected to the Motor City Kitties all year - down 21-3. I'm not sure Titans running back Chris Johnson has been touched yet - I know he wasn't on either of his touchdown runs - and the Lions have two turnovers and could easily have a one or two more (thank you, Daunte Culpepper).

Enjoy your turkey. I'm not sure if I have the stomach for a post-game blog. I'd rather go see my family and post something tomorrow morning. But that could change if history repeats itself (remember, it was Thanksgiving weekend when Steve Mariucci was fired a few years ago).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home