Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

11/03/2008

Daunte's arrived

New Lions quarterback Daunte Culpepper has arrived at the practice facility. He did not step foot in the locker room during an open media session that just ended, but he should sign his contract later today.

Most of Rod Marinelli's press conference was devoted to answering questions about Culpepper and fellow quarterbacks Dan Orlovsky and Drew Stanton. Orlovsky has a sprained throwing thumb and was in a hard cast Monday. He could practice Wednesday, but regardless my guess would be that Culpepper starts this weekend against Jacksonville - something Marinelli would not rule out.

"He's got so many tools," Marinelli said of Culpepper. "You just want to see him come in and work and see where he's at. But you wouldn't bring a guy in not to compete for the starting job."

Orlovsky spent most of the afternoon reiterating his stance from last week, that's not worried what Culpepper's arrival means for his future.

"I think I can be a really consistent, top-notch starter in this league," Orlovsky said. "Watching the film that I watched today compared to the film that I watched four weeks ago, I'm not the same person. And just seeing me make throws and do things as a quarterback is verification in my mind that, yeah, I can do this, I can do it well."

Asked if he thought it would happen in Detroit, Orlovsky said, "I don't know. I'm excited about Jacksonville."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home