Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

11/03/2008

Daunte says

I just got off a plane from Chicago and arrived at the Lions' Allen Park practice facility to an e-mail from new Lions quarterback Daunte Culpepper. He said he's leaving today for Detroit and confirmed his deal with the Lions in this statement:

"I have agreed to terms with the Detroit Lions and after taking a physical, I plan on signing a 2 year contract. As a result of doing some research on different places to play, The Detroit Lions seemed to be the best fit for me. I am encouraged by the commitment of ownership, the vision of management and the great potential of the talent that is on the team. I am grateful to the Lions organization for giving me an opportunity to both continue my NFL career and make a positive impact in the Detroit community. I hope to contribute to the team in whatever role coach Marinelli needs for me to play."

Culpepper probably won't be available to the local media until tomorrow. As has been thoroughly reported, he is expected to replace Dan Orlovsky as starter some time in the near future, perhaps as early as this weekend against Jacksonville.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home