Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

9/21/2008

Week 3 picks

Not a good week with the picks last week, but like I said from the start these are for your enjoyment only (as in go ahead and laugh at me).

The Lions are 0-2 and a desperate team heading to San Francisco. If you read my last post you know I'm not picking them to win. They couldn't stop Michael Turner two weeks ago and when the game's on the line Sunday they won't be able to stop Frank Gore.

Maybe I'm hedging my bets, but if I was betting man I'd take the  4 1/2 points. As good as Gore is, I don't see the 49ers blowing anyone out.

Onto the rest of my picks (home team in caps):

Home covers you can't deny
• ATLANTA minus-6 over Kansas City
• BUFFALO minus-9 1/2 over Oakland
• NY GIANTS minus-13 over Cincinnati
• WASHINGTON minus-3 over Arizona
• CHICAGO minus-3 over Tampa Bay
• MINNESOTA minus-3 over Carolina
• SEATTLE minus-9 over St. Louis
• PHILADELPHIA minus-3 1/2 over Pittsburgh
• INDIANAPOLIS minus-4 1/2 over Jacksonville
• BALTIMORE minus-3 over Cleveland
• SAN DIEGO minus-8 1/2 over NY Jets (Monday night)

Home dogs who'll bite
• GREEN BAY plus-3 over Dallas

Don't need 'em, but I'll take 'em
• Houston plus-4 1/2 over TENNESSEE

Points only, please
• New Orleans plus-5 1/2 over DENVER
• Miami plus-12 1/2 over NEW ENGLAND

Record: 4-9-2 last week, 11-17-2 overall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home