Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

3/24/2007

Walking the line

Jeff Green walked on the game-winning shot he made in Georgetown's Elite Eight win over Vanderbilt Friday, no question about it. He pivoted, stepped, slid and whirled, but wasn't called for the walk because no official wanted to make that call on the biggest stage. Too bad, because by ignoring it Vandy got bounced from the tournament and Green and the Hoyas are moving on.

Their stay won't be long, though. I watched both Georgetown and North Carolina in Winston-Salem last week and I came away thinking the Hoyas could win. They control tempo, and they've got a long front line that will make things difficult for Tyler Hansbrough and Brandan Wright. I've changed my mind though and I'm going back to my original pre-tournament pick of North Carolina. Ty Lawson is too good in transition, Georgetown's backcourt is a little suspect, and the way Wright played Friday, catching and scoring in traffic, I can see why everyone expects him to be the third overall pick in the NBA draft. I've got Carolina, 72-68, in their Elite Eight showdown tomorrow.

My other Final Four picks are: Florida over Oregon (too much inside from Florida), Memphis over Ohio State in a mild upset (the Buckeyes have been living too close to the edge for me), and UCLA over Kansas in the weekend's best game. I know the Bruins are a little suspect inside and Kansas has as much talent as any team in the tournament, but UCLA plays such good defense and in a virtual home game in San Jose, I'm taking the two seed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey insider, I posted a comment last week that wasn't derogatory in any way. Why didn't you post it?

9:55 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home