Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

10/25/2006

Rain, rain go away

Figures, Wednesday's Game 4 wash out would throw a wrench in my travel plans. World Series games 4 and 5 will be played Thursday and Friday now, and I'm scheduled to be in Indianapolis Saturday afternoon for the MSU-Indiana football game, then Chicago Sunday morning for the Big Ten basketball conference. Travel is a mess right now, and with more weather in the forecast I don't know what to do (unless you know any MSU boosters in St. Louis for the series who might have a personal jet I can hop aboard?)

Enough with that. You don't care a whole lot about my travel plans. But you might care about The Man getting one over on the people again. It wasn't until several minutes after the announcement came over the press box that Wednesday's game was cancelled, that the PA announcer made the same call over the Busch Stadium loudspeakers. I can't help but think a few beers, brats and burgers were purchased in that time, all at a ballpark markup.

Big Clemson-Virginia Tech game tomorrow I was looking forward to seeing that I'm going to have to have my wife Tivo now. It's at Virginia Tech, and I think the Hokies win.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good call on the Hokies. I took your advice. You should put your picks on here more often.

10:29 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home